The ability to generate real estate sales leads is one of the most valuable skills a real estate agent or Realtor® can have. Getting your hands on real estate sales leads that are targeted, qualified, and fresh can be a challenging and sometimes discouraging task.
There are two potential pitfalls in attempting to generate your own leads: There’s only so much time in the day and it’s all-too-easy to get sidetracked with unproductive activities. Although social media marketing has been known to generate sales leads for some real estate agents, it’s more of a distraction and a waste of time for others.
Whether you’re talking about social media marketing, blogging, or newsletter marketing, the secret to success is to either enjoy doing it (so that you’ll be resourceful, creative, and productive) or delegate the task to a qualified associate, family member, or freelancer.
The foundation of any effective real estate marketing or lead generation campaign includes the following:
- Staying in regular contact with clients, qualified prospects, and potential sources of referrals
- Establishing yourself in your community and farming area as knowledgeable and authoritative source of information on all things real estate
- Identifying and taking advantage of cost-effective approaches to real estate advertising
- Developing and implementing an integrated marketing strategy to create a synergistic effect between online marketing techniques, direct mail strategies, real estate advertising, and public relations.
- Being willing to venture outside your comfort zone, “push the envelope” a bit, and take calculated risks in pursuing your real estate marketing goals
- Committing yourself to becoming an expert in your field, which can include having an up-to-date knowledge of the local real estate market, gaining a command of effective sales and marketing strategies, developing expertise in real estate negotiation techniques, getting a grasp of relevant online marketing and research tools, and acquiring other skills that will make you an indispensable resource to your real estate clients
As far as actual lead generation techniques and ideas, here are some strategies for improving your visibility, enhancing your reputation, and generating real estate sales leads:
- Sending out real estate prospecting letters via postal mail and/or email
- Including real estate postcard marketing in your lead generation plan
- Generating free or low-cost publicity whenever possible through media relations, press release distribution, and other public relations techniques
- Being known as a volunteer, a mentor, a public speaker, a seminar leader, a supporter of community programs, a local columnist or blogger, an industry spokesperson (in the media) and/or an active member of community, business, or civic organizations. These are among the ways to maintain a high profile and project a positive image to existing and prospective clients. Cultivating a dynamic public image can help lead to more referrals, inquiries, and requests for your real estate services.
- An informative and entertaining real estate newsletter sent out on a regular basis, either by e-mail or postal mail, can also help to get the phone to ring.
- Capturing real estate sales leads through the use of a simple auto-responder form placed on your real estate website can help you build your mailing list and expand your potential pool of real estate clients, prospects, and real estate referrals.
Below are are some real estate marketing materials, informational products, and websites I’m affiliated with*, which can help you generate more real estate sales leads online and off:
- Real estate marketing tools: Real estate prospecting letter templates
- Real estate marketing materials: Real estate marketing flyers templates
- E-book: 101 Ways to a 6-Figure Income as a Real Estate Agent
- E-book: Real Estate Postcard Marketing’s Best Kept Secrets
- E-book: Invisible Leads for Real Estate Investors
- Advertising ideas for real estate agents: Zillow’s Premier Agent program
- Email marketing services: FlutterMail and Email Blast Campaign
Thanks for checking out my latest blog post! If you have comments or questions, feel free to submit a blog comment or contact me by email: email@example.com. If you’d like to be notified by email the next time I post another blog article, use the “follow” button in the right-hand column.
*This blog features real estate advertising programs, realtor marketing strategies, real estate agent marketing templates, informational e-books, home study courses, software for writing real estate marketing letters, real estate flyer templates, and other cost-effective resources for real estate professionals. *FYI: I am a compensated affiliate of these products and real estate advertising services.