The headline of this blog post is a bit provocative because it suggests that FSBO prospects are not worth your time–which, for the most part, is far from the truth.
Many real estate agents and Realtors have preconceived notions about FSBO property sellers as a group, but the fact of the matter is this: People trying to sell their own home are as diverse of a target group as any other segment of the marketplace. Naturally, some FSBO prospects are going to stubbornly cling to their misconceptions about the value–or lack, thereof–of hiring a real estate professional to help them market their home. Fortunately, there are dozens, if not hundreds, of other home sellers in your real estate farming area who are more open minded and simply need to be educated about the advantages of working with a knowledgeable real estate pro.
Sometimes sending one or two personalized marketing letters, real estate postcards, or e-mails to FSBOs can help lower their sales resistance and persuade them to sign on with you. Many prospects who have convinced themselves that they can save money by marketing their own home don’t realize the many pitfalls of a DIY approach:
- There’s a strong likelihood that they’ll either price their home too high or too low, both of which are losing propositions for them.
- They don’t have the sales and marketing ability that you as a real estate professional bring to the table, so they’ll miss out on a lot of sales opportunities. Then, of course, there are those all-important real estate negotiating skills that a real estate agent or Realtor can provide.
- Most FSBO home sellers will overlook crucial aspects of successful real estate marketing, such as effective home staging, distributing professional-looking real estate flyers, and following up with potential buyers.
I could come up with a much longer list of advantages of using a real estate professional to market a home, but then I’d just be preaching to the choir, wouldn’t I?
One marketing tool which can help ease the process of convincing FSBO prospects to sign on with you is a set of real estate marketing templates available from a website I’m affiliated with. Included in this collection of 300 marketing letter templates are dozens of prospecting letter examples that focus on the advantages of using a real estate professional to market homes. The real estate marketing kit also contains 22 templates specifically written to a FSBO target audience.
Winning over FSBO prospects often comes down to timing, establishing rapport, or presenting them with a compelling case for rethinking their DIY strategy. In addition to clearly and succinctly listing reasons for using your real estate marketing services, it’s also vitally important to convey a sincere sense of optimism, a belief in yourself, and a proactive attitude towards real estate marketing. After all, nothing succeeds like success.
24 in. x 16 in.
Buy This at Allposters.com
11 in. x 14 in.
Buy This at Allposters.com
Ebooks, Home Study Courses, Marketing Tools:
- Sales Agent Domination strategies
- Lead generation techniques for real estate investors
- How to create mini-sites that generate real estate leads
Thank you for checking out my latest ideas and product offerings related to real estate marketing, business success, and sales strategies. Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions, comments, or inquiries.
I also invite you to check out a handful of informative real estate marketing articles on my website, Marketing Survival Kit :
- Social Media Marketing Tactics for Real Estate Agents
- Tips on Writing Effective Real Estate Marketing Letters
- Seven Reasons Your Listing Is Still On the Market (and what to do about it)
- How to Attract More Real Estate Clients
- Post Card Marketing Strategies
- Ideas For Generating Real Estate Referrals
BTW… One of my newer blogs is on the topic of Career Strategies and Interview Questions, which looks at the challenges of marketing your most important product: yourself.
Disclaimer: I am a compensated affiliate of the above-mentioned ebooks, marketing templates, advertising programs, and home study courses.