Knowing a few key things about what motivates home buyers in the real estate market can arm you with valuable sales information and a competitive advantage. For example, there’s no sense in harping about the huge square footage of a house or its immense back yard, when what your client really cares about most is the quality of the neighborhood or the shortness of the commute. Obviously, one of the secrets to making more real estate sales is your ability to find out what your clients’ priorities and “hot buttons” are. When you know what really matter most to them, you can do a more effective job of giving them exactly what they want and helping them focus on the positive aspects (from their point of view) of the properties you’re showing. Although all your clients have different needs and wants, it’s helpful to be aware of trends and patterns in home buyer preferences.
- Real Estate Prospecting Letters* for generating leads and building relationships
- Real Estate Flyer Templates * for promoting open houses and new listings
- 101 Ways to Generate Buyer and Seller Leads (A proven system* for finding clients on a consistent basis)
- Create a Successful Postcard Marketing Campaign*
- Advertise on Zillow* to Produce More Leads and Raise Your Visibility Online
Online Real Estate Statistics
An excellent source of statistical information for real estate agents is the National Association of Realtors. Its website has a great page of statistics, which sheds a lot of light on how to effectively market your listings and cater to your clients’ needs. For example, in an NAR survey, it was shown that 78% of home buyers care more about neighborhood quality than they do about the size of the house. It also said that “57% would forgo a home with a larger yard in favor of a shorter commute.” This, of course, doesn’t apply to everyone, but it is a factor to consider when tailoring your marketing strategy to individual clients and prospects. Thanks for visiting my real estate marketing blog, today! –Joel If you have comments or questions, feel free to submit a blog comment or contact me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. (If you’d like to be notified by email the next time I post another blog article, use the “follow” button in the right-hand column.
Real Estate Marketing Tools: BTW… I created a new page on my website highlighting a half-a-dozen or so real estate marketing tools, products, and services that can help you generate real estate leads, identify and make the most of real estate marketing opportunities, and effectively plan marketing campaigns and sales strategies for 2015.* –Joel I also invite you to check out a handful of informative real estate marketing articles on my website, Marketing Survival Kit :
- Social Media Marketing Tactics for Real Estate Agents
- Tips on Writing Effective Real Estate Marketing Letters
- Seven Reasons Your Listing Is Still On the Market (and what to do about it)
- How to Attract More Real Estate Clients
- Post Card Marketing Strategies
- Ideas For Generating Real Estate Referrals